Seeking: A skilled developer for an exciting payroll compliance start up
About the business
Our mission at Paytools: to provide advanced payroll technology that helps organisations to meet employee and compliance obligations.
We’re looking for a full stack developer who loves a fast-paced environment. We’re a small team of dedicated tech experts, working to analyse and identify compliance issues in payroll environments.
Who we’re looking for
First and foremost, we’re after someone who shares our values: being disciplined and a master of your craft, an innovator who takes risks, and being passionate, honest and fun.
Of course, we also need a certain level of experience and expertise for a position as important as this one:
- You’re team-first, and a great communicator – no bullshit, no buzzwords, just tell it how it is
- You love teaching others about what you know, and you love to learn
- You love challenging problems – you dissect and eat stuff like this for breakfast
- You have experience with systems communicating via Webhooks, SOAP, RESTful APIs, and authenticating using OAuth, SSO, SAML and other technologies
- You can work in a small team or independently
- You write clean, simplistic code – no matter what programming language
We’re looking for developers who are happy to get their hands dirty in anything that needs to be done across our tech & tools.
Our tech stack
The main stack for this role includes:
- Ruby on Rails
- Tailwinds UI
- Working with Xero API’s
Other tools we use
- Amazon Web Services and Vultr
- Source Code Management – we use BitBucket
- Continuous Integration system – we use Codeship
- Knowledge Management – Confluence
- Application Deployment Orchestration — Cloud66
Why you’ll love working for us
We don’t just reward our employees with a salary – you want to enjoy what you do!
- You love small companies – we’re 10 people under one roof where you get up-close to all workings of a true SaaS business
- We run a transparent company – this means our people understand our strategy, performance, goals and decision-making process challenging ourselves and learning new things
- You love to push yourself – we’re constantly re-evaluating what we do, challenging ourselves and learning new things
- TGIF – every Friday we eat together, finish early and let dogs roam the office for some furry fun!
- Family friendly – we value the work/life balance – a lot of us have young families so we’re flexible with working hours and commitments
6 reasons you SHOULD’T work for us
- You don’t like change – experimenting, testing and change is part of our culture
- You want a job not a career – maybe you’d be better off at a large company
- You live on the west side of Melbourne – it’s a long way to our office in Ringwood!
- You really don’t like dogs
- You don’t know what SaaS is
- You want to be micro-managed – we’re looking for a self-starter
Sound like a match made in heaven? Send your CV and a cover letter telling us why your the right fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.